The main targets of the project will be achieved by the following actions:
Optimisation of land use
- For protection of brood we have to coordinate the dates of mowing or beginning of grazing with the farmers.
- In order to achieve optimal habitats for breeding and nursing we will develop vegetation by maintenance cutting.
Optimisation of hydrological management
- In the coastal sites we want to recreate natural flood dynamics for optimal in- and reflow.
- In the polder sites we will build artificial bars for retention of water. Under extreme weather conditions regulation may be necessary. At these sites only short-term inundation is needed.
Protection of clutches & predator manegement
- For the conservation of brood sites we will install fences against predators and electric fences.
- We support hunters with equipment for trapping foxes and other predators.